We combined two earlier entries on this blog to generate a very successful short all age activity/talk on Christmas Day.
(Applause at the end!! – but that may have been more for the children who took part).
It’s very straightforward and could be organized for this coming Sunday with very little effort
· * 'An Angel told Shepherds with Great Great Joy' was taught from the above altar screen. Leader la-la-lahed tune line by line and congregation sang back. Access 'An Angel told Shepherds' HERE
· * Children invited to come and participate (12 volunteers from 3 to about 12/13)
· * Children given A4 sheet with large numbers 1 to 4 printed on them
· * Children stood in groups down aisle according to their numbers
· *Carol sung unaccompanied by whole congregation– it’s easy – and when the counting between verse happened (with loud encouragement from leader – me!) the children held up their numbers as the numbers were called out.
· *After the singing the Nativity Star below shown on screen.
· *Invitation to any of the sharp-eyed children to say what is at the centre of the star – A cross
· *Message that the baby in the crib grows up and is crucified for us
· *BUT also cross is surrounded by bright halo of light – the Resurrection
· Last two points refer to ending of Carol.
I If it goes as well for you as it did for us you should get lots of positive feedback